KVM over IP is a special Dedicated Server interface, which allows you to reach your dedicated server remotely as well as physically connect server with the keyboard, monitor, mouse, and external disk drive. In this way, you can remotely manage your server completely, reboot or install the new Operating System from the .iso disk image.
We offer free dedicated KVM over IP for the following Dedicated Servers:
- Intel i5-2400/3470 - Intel AMT
- Intel i5-6500 - Intel AMT
- Intel i7-6700 - Intel AMT
- Intel Xeon E5-2670 - HP iLO
- Intel Xeon E5-2697 v2 - HP iLO
For other dedicated servers we offer external on-demand KVM over IP provided by request for free for 24h.
Other KVM over IP specifications and limitations:
- Operating System installation from ISO in Intel i3-6100 servers can be performed only in text mode (AMT serial-over-LAN). Functionality description: https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/using-intel-amt-serial-over-lan-to-the-fullest
All other dedicated servers supports KVM Graphical Remote Desktop OS installation from ISO. Functionality description: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_vPro#VNC-based_KVM_remote_control
- Not all OS installation programs correctly supports Intel Virtual CD/Floppy media which is used to remote install OS from ISO. This possible limitation may apply to the following servers with Intel AMT: Intel i3-6100, Intel i5-6400, Intel i7-6700 and Intel Xeon E3-1225v3.
- Not all older OS versions have KVM network adapter drivers for Intel Jacksonville i219LM LAN interface. This possible limitation may apply to the following servers with Intel AMT: Intel i3-6100, Intel i5-6400, Intel i7-6700 and Intel Xeon E3-1225v3.
- If, in the time of order placing, server OS was specified, then DVD-ROM with chosen OS version CD will be left after installation, which may later be used by the customer to reinstall/restore server OS again from this CD. This option is available for the following servers: Intel i3-6100, Intel i5-6400, Intel i7-6700 and Intel Xeon E3-1225v3.
- Single processor server Intel AMT KVM can be accessed via external program as shown in this instruction: https://panel.hostika.lt/knowledgebase/15/How-to-connect-to-Intel-AMT-KVM.html
- Two processors server HP ILO KVM can be accessed in the browser with Java plugin.
- For security reasons all servers KVM can be accessed only via VPN as instructed here: https://panel.hostika.lt/knowledgebase/16/How-to-connect-to-VPN-in-Windows-10.html